LONDON THEATRES BY BUS TRAIN OR CAR
One of the easiest and stress free ways to travel to theatres in London is by public transport, as the underground tubes or buses will usually have a stop within a five-minute walk of most West End theatres.
- The last tube trains leave central London Underground stations around midnight on Monday to Saturday and just before midnight Sundays. For actual times check the “first and last train times” poster displayed in the station ticket hall or ask a member of staff.
- For information on train services National Rail Enquiries on 08457 484950 (operate 24 hours) provide information for all rail services. Make sure you check your train times before departing as the last trains leave central London stations around 23.30 to 13.00.
- London buses nearly all run to around midnight when the night buses take over. Most of the late night buses leave Trafalgar Square or Piccadilly Circus starting at midnight and then run all night long. They operate routes to most areas in Greater London. For specific information call London Transport on 020 7222 1234 (operates 24 hours).
- The most reliable taxis to take are the licensed London black cabs which are metered.
- If you are planning to drive into Central London parking meters and single yellow lines apply between 08.30 and 18.30 Monday to Saturday throughout most of Theatreland (the City of Westminster and the Borough of Camden). After 18:30 and on Sundays you may park free of charge on meters and single yellow lines.
- For more information on the Theatreland Parking Scheme which offers 50% off parking when you visit participating West End Theatres click on the link
- Westminster City Council car parks offer a Late Night Shoppers discount rate every Thursday evening which is £5 charge between 18:00 and midnight at all car parks. If you use any car park between these hours, and your car park ticket has been validated at the theatre, you will pay either £5 or receive a Theatreland discount: whichever is the cheaper.
- Most West End theatres are within the £8 Congestion Charge zone. The Congestion Charge applies Monday to Friday from 07:00 to 18.00. For more details visit Transport for London Congestion Charge
- For live travel news and an interactive map showing road works and closures in the West End visit Transport for London Travel News